COVID-19 Application Privacy Notice (Moh Prompt) Nov 26, 2021
To facilitate access to the COVID-19 service including the vaccination records, laboratory results, and verifies COVID-19 Digital Health Pass issued by the Thai Government within the Thailand vicinity. Moh Prompt is an app of the Thai Ministry of Public Health which also serves as a point of contact from the Ministry of Public Health for vaccination-related information.
Use of the app is voluntary and does not require accessing the Thai COVID-19 related service.
THIS IS NOT A CONTACT TRACING APP
To help the Thai Ministry of Public Health understand the current vaccination situation, vaccine effectiveness and to track the vaccine adverse effect under the Conditional Approval for Emergency Use of Medicinal Products AD 2012 of the Thai FDA and the Department of Disease Control Communicable Disease Act AD 2015. The app collects:
– Your demographic data,
The citizen ID is especially important for the government to correctly match and display vaccination records and laboratory results from the national database.
Name, Last name, Gender, Prefix, and Phone number were collected for vaccination purposes to correctly identify the vaccination at the site. When you visit the vaccination site using this app.
Phone numbers were collected for password restoration and allow our healthcare personnel to reach out for vaccination adverse event follow-up purposes only.
– Address (Province, District, Subdistrict code) were collected to select the vaccination site within the area to make an appointment.
– The ID behind your citizen ID card was input only to verify your identity with the Ministry of Interior database. We did not collect both data and were discarded them at the end of the process. This step is especially important to prevent identity fraud.
– The COVID-19 Digital Health Pass verifier function uses the front camera to scan the QR code on the pass issued by the Thai Government and allows the user to verify the status of the Health Pass.
The verifier function only acts as a verifier and did not collect any information.
– The beacon service aims to make vaccine certificate checking faster from the beacon hotspots located in stores, conventional centers, and other locations. When the app detects the beacon signal WITH USER PERMISSION to vaccine certificate verification service without any need for QR Code showing and scanning.
To initialize the beacon, the application will ask your permission to access the following data. The data will be processed internally and only the finished result (vaccinated or not vaccinated) is to share with the point of entry.
o The Collected data are beacon metadata (major, minor, UUID)
o Your device model, Operating system version
o Spot location
o Encrypted citizen id, which only for internal reference purpose
o Bluetooth service
– The application itself does not store your location, phone contacts, or health sensors.
All collected data are similar to those collected at the vaccination site registration desk without application.
– The collected were shared with the health care personnel for public health purposes. The data will not be shared for commercial purposes without your permission.
– The data collected were to help us assess the vaccine effectiveness and adverse event to improve Thailand vaccine distribution and planning.
Strategy and Planning Division, Office of the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Public Health
Email: [email protected]